Director of Development
Title: Development Director
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
About Agricenter International
Agricenter International, a 1,000 acre farm, is a non-profit dedicated to agricultural research, education, and conservation. It has a $524 million annual economic impact on the region, hosts over 1.3 million visitors annually, and educates 10,000 students each year.
The ideal candidate will have responsibilities for the planning, organizing and directing of all fundraising including major gifts and planned giving programs; capital campaigns; and special events. The Director works closely with the President and Board of Directors on all development and fundraising endeavors.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in professional fundraising.
- Required bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree or CFRE are a plus.
- Demonstrated managerial experience, public speaking, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising software or similar software / databases helpful.
- Must be available to work on organizational events. Some evening and weekend work will be expected; limited travel may be required.
- Agri-business or agricultural related experience is a plus.
If you would enjoy being the face of a major agricultural non-profit with a focus on research, education and conservation; visited by over 1.3M people per year – send your resume and salary range requirements to: Agnes Pokrandt, President, AMP Associates, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on the interest from undergraduate and graduate students in our organization we are pleased to offer an internship during the fall, spring, and summer. Internships can focus on non-profit work, education, or research. Each semester, 1-2 interns will be selected from this competitive program to serve as intern. Internships are non-paid, but we will work with your college or university regarding class credit, if desired.
Deadlines for Applications:
Summer internship application is due May 1
Fall is due July 1
Spring is due December 1
We are always looking for new talent. Please submit your resume for review. We will contact you as we have opportunities that may be the right fit.