1 Current Job opening:
Title: Weekend/Night Watchman
Reports To: Night Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Weekend/Night Watchman reports to the Agricenter’s Night Supervisor, Agricenter International Operations Manager and President. This position will perform any and all combinations of cleaning duties to maintain the facility in a clean and orderly manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitor Agricenter after-hours cell phone.
2. Lock/unlock, secure, and check building.
3. Lock/unlock manual gate on west end of Smythe Farm Rd.
4. Clean hallways, restrooms, elevators, stairways, and all meeting rooms.
5. Vacuum carpet/rugs in all offices and meeting rooms.
6. Empty wastebaskets in all offices and meeting rooms.
7. Sweep, scrub, and polish floors, using mops, brooms, and/or power equipment.
8. Assist in event set up, tear down, and clean up as needed
9. Knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
10. Sweep/mop floors before and after show events.
11. Empty all trash before/after all show events.
12. Check, clean, and stock National Weather Service restrooms and kitchen areas on weekends and holidays.
13. Check, clean, and stock RV Park restrooms on weekends and holidays.
14. Fill in for sick days, vacation days, and holidays as needed.
15. Complete all other duties assigned by the Night Supervisor, Agricenter International Operations Manager, and/or President.
16. May work 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, plus shows, or 11:00 p.m. – 11:00 a.m., Friday and Saturday, plus shows.
1. Previous janitorial experience required, prefer commercial housekeeping experience, but not mandatory.
2. Able to operate forklift and scissor lift.
3. Must be available to work any shift any day, including most holidays.
4. Must have valid driver’s license.
5. Must pass background check and drug test.
Submit materials by mail to John R. Butler, President, Agricenter International, 7777 Walnut Grove Rd., Box 9, Memphis, TN 38120, via Indeed.com or via email to Mark Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on the interest from undergraduate and graduate students in our organization we are pleased to offer an internship during the fall, spring, and summer. Internships can focus on non-profit work, education, or research. Each semester, 1-2 interns will be selected from this competitive program to serve as intern. Internships are non-paid, but we will work with your college or university regarding class credit, if desired.
Deadlines for Applications:
Summer internship application is due May 1
Fall is due July 1
Spring is due December 1
We are always looking for new talent. Please submit your resume for review. We will contact you as we have opportunities that may be the right fit.